Grade 3 and 4 students in 3/4T have been writing procedures. Students were able to choose what procedure they would like to write. There were great examples of making jelly, cooking pancakes, folding origami, brushing teeth and making an exploding volcano! All students enjoyed writing their procedures. They published their procedure on a word document and then filmed their procedure on IPads. We definitely have some budding T.V presenters and directors at Albany Rise P.S!
Here are some examples of our fantastic work.
How to make a volcano and cause it to erupt.
- modelling clay or dough
- half a cup of water
- a quarter cup of vinegar
- a quarter cup of dish detergent
- three or four drops of red or orange food colouring/dye
- two tablespoons of baking soda
- a tissue
- a container
- a spoon
- a bowl
1. Shape volcano with your hands.
2. Leave a hole in the middle, about the size of your container, and then place it in.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients except the baking soda into a bowl with a spoon.
4. Pour the mixture into the container.
5. Place the baking soda in the tissue, and then drop it in your volcano.
6. Stand back watch your volcano erupt!
BRUSHING YOUR TEETH!
Goal: How to brush your teeth.
- a toothbrush
- a tap
- a cup (optional)
1. Put toothpaste on your toothbrush.Open the tap and put water in your cup if you want.
2. Put your toothbrush in your mouth and brush your teeth by making it go up and down thirty times.
3. Pick up your cup and rinse your mouth with the water inside the cup (or get the water from the tap).
4. Rinse your toothbrush with water.
5. Enjoy your clean teeth!
Goal: how to make delicious jelly.
- jelly mixture
- one cup of water
1. Pour the water into the kettle.
2. Boil the hot water in the kettle.
3. Pour the hot water in the bowl.
4. Pour the jelly crystals into the bowl too.
5. Mix it with your spoon.
6. Keep mixing until it’s dissolved.
7. Put the jelly in the fridge for one hour.
8. Take the jelly out of the fridge.
9. Enjoy your jelly.